At some point, every homeowner will look at their kitchen and either love it or want to change it. Sometimes, even if it is crisp and clean, your kitchen just isn’t set up properly for your lifestyle.
But that’s not the only reason to remodel your kitchen. Here are some of the top reasons why our clients have decided to remodel their kitchens.
1. Resale Value: Depending on the degree of work done or the current market value, you can earn back the money you spent remodeling your kitchen, plus more, when you sell your house. Keep in mind that an updated kitchen can attract the buyer to settle on a better price.
2. Energy Savings: Simply installing energy efficient appliances can make a marked difference in utility bills and environmental impact. This can also be attractive to prospective buyers.
3. Inspiration: Some homeowners decide to renovate based on inspiration from print media or TV. It’s important to keep in mind that while a 30 to 60 minute TV show makes renovation look quick and easy, the reality is that remodeling rarely is. Proper planning is key to making a renovation go smoothly.
4. Efficiency: Many homeowners decide to renovate their kitchens after years of working inefficiently during meal preparation, dish cleaning and food storage. Rearranging appliances and counter tops can make all the difference and have the added effect of being a resale upgrade that may pay off in the future sale of the property.
5. Aging: Some long-term homeowners decide to upgrade their kitchens to accommodate disabilities or even decreased mobility in older age. Cabinetry and accessories can be difficult to reach from a wheelchair. Entryways and exits could also be hard to pass through using a wheelchair.
6. Change of Scenery: Sometimes clients don’t have any financial or practical reasons for remodeling the kitchen. They may get tired of looking at the same kitchen over a long period of time. If this is why you want to remodel, keep in mind that remodeling is also a great opportunity to add value and efficiency to your home as well.
No matter what your reasoning for remodeling your kitchen is, you’ll want to be smart about who you hire and how you plan for the challenges that come along with home improvements.
At Remodeling Concepts, we’ve worked with many homeowners to help them get one step closer to building the home of the dreams!